Context: Recently, Union Ministry for Human Resource and Development(HRD)has launched a web-portal YUKTI (Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) in New Delhi.
About the YUKTI web portal:
- It’s a unique portal and dashboard to monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of MHRD.
- The portal intends to cover the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a very holistic and comprehensive way.
- It will cover the various initiatives and efforts of the institutions in academics, research especially related to CoVID, social initiatives by institutions and the measures taken for the betterment of the total wellbeing of the students.
- The portal will cover both qualitative and quantitative parameters for effective delivery of services to the academic community at large.
- It will also allow various institutions to share their strategies for various challenges which are there because of the unprecedented situation of COVID-19 and other future initiatives.
- The portal will give inputs for better planning and will enable MHRD to monitor effectively its activities for the coming six months.
- The portal will also establish a two-way communication channel between the Ministry of HRD and the institutions so that the Ministry can provide the necessary support system to the institutions.
- The portal will help in critical issues related to student promotion policies, placements related challenges and physical and mental well-being of students in these challenging times.
Significance of such portal:
In these difficult times, the portal is an effort of the HRD Ministry to achieve the goals of
- keeping our academic community healthy, both physically & mentally and
- enable a continuous high-quality learning environment for learners.
- The web platform Yukti aims to epitomize its name and prove to be a great enabler in taking the research to the ultimate stakeholders, the citizens of India.
Image Source: MHRD