Context: In the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, this year’s observance of International Day of Yoga will aim to highlight the health-building and stress-relieving aspects of Yoga.
More about news
- Every year, the 21st of June is celebrated worldwide as the International Day of Yoga (IDY). It is a celebration of India’s culture and tradition.
- The Ministry of AYUSH is promoting the theme “Yoga at Home, Yoga with Family” in its IDY activities.
- The Ministry of AYUSH is also encouraging the people to learn the Common Yoga Protocol using the resources made publicly available by the Ministry on the Yoga Portal, its social media handles and the television.
Two proven benefits from Yoga:
a) Positive impact on general health and immunity enhancement, and
b) Its globally accepted role as a stress buster
About Common Yoga Protocol (CYP)
- The 45-minute Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) has been at the heart of the IDY since the beginning.
- It was developed by a team of leading Yoga gurus and experts.
- It includes safe practices to improve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of the population, which can be practiced at home on a daily basis.
It is designed to be easily adoptable by the majority of the people irrespective of their age and gender and can be learnt through simple training sessions and online classes.