World Health Organization (WHO) has selected the Rajasthan government’s Medical & Health Department for its award this year About Award
- This award has been provided in recognition of its achievements in the field of tobacco control.
- The department’s Additional Chief Secretary will receive this award on World No Tobacco Day in New Delhi.
- It is the only department which will be awarded for its tobacco-free initiatives.
- WHO (World Health Organization) has selected five organisations from the South-East Asian region.
- Three other organisations in the South-East Asian region have been selected from Thailand and Indonesia.
Also read: All out at sea: on India’s engagements in the Indian Ocean New Version of Akash Missile Test-Fired Successfully Source
- The state government took many initiatives against tobacco this year, including
- campaigns against tobacco consumption at places such as schools, colleges, police stations and government offices.
- At the events held in 1.56 lakh government institutions this year, 1.13 crore people took a pledge against tobacco consumption, As part of the tobacco-free initiatives