The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) is a direct response to the Rio+20 Declaration, The Future We Want.
It brings together the expertise of five UN agencies –
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP or UN Environment),
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP),
- International Labour Organization (ILO),
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
PAGE represents a mechanism to coordinate UN action on green economy and to assist countries in achieving and monitoring the emerging Sustainable Development Goals, especially SDG 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.