The scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India)
- Aim - Economic development of tribals involved in collection of Minor Food Produces (MFPs) by helping them in optimum utilization of natural resources and providing them sustainable livelihood.
- It also aims at building upon traditional knowledge and skill sets of tribals by adding technology & IT for value addition.
Key points :
- 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers will be trained and provided with working capital to add value to the products collected from the forests.
- Setting-up of a tribal community owned Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in predominantly forested tribal districts.
- The SHGs can supply their stock after primary processing to State Implementing Agencies or can directly tie up with a corporate secondary processor.
- Involvement of Corporates under PPP model for creating secondary level value addition facility at district level and tertiary level value addition facility at state level.
- The PPP model will be based on utilising Private entrepreneur skills in processing and marketing of the produce.
- Central/ State Government will support by developing infrastructure and providing enabling environment for undertaking value addition in a scientific and systematic manner.