USTTAD’’ (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme
- The scheme has been launched to preserve the rich heritage of traditional arts/crafts of minorities and build capacity of traditional artisans/craftsmen.
- The scheme will also establish linkages of traditional arts/crafts with the national and international market and ensure dignity of labour.
- Scheme ensures growth of lakhs of traditional artisans of the city.
- The scheme, which will be funded by the Central Government, will prepare skilled and unskilled artisans and craftsmen to compete with big companies.
- The scheme will provide employment opportunities and a better future to the youths belonging to the minority community.
The ‘’USTTAD’’ scheme is for all areas of the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat.