- The Urban Reform Incentive Fund (URIF) in India aims to provide States with incentives to undertake essential urban sector reforms.
- The Ministry of Urban Development has proposed to increase Reform Incentive Fund from Rs 500 crore during 2017-18 to over Rs 3,000 crore per year over the next three years.
- The reforms to be undertaken by the States to receive incentives under URIF
- Improve the responsiveness of local real estate markets,
- Increase resource mobilization in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs),
- Provide rigorous accounting of the management of public funds.
- The incentives given to the states will be on a grant basis.
- URIF receives funds from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and Government of India.