On 10th January 2021, UPSC Conducted General Studies 3 and General Studies 4 Paper for Civil Services Mains Examination 2020.
Total Marks 250 each for GS 3 and GS 4
Total Duration: 3 Hours each.
- The main Examination is intended to assess the overall intellectual traits and depth of understanding of candidates rather than merely the range of their information and memory.
- The nature and standard of questions in the General Studies papers (Paper III to Paper V) will be such that a well-educated person will be able to answer them without any specialized study.
- The questions will be such as to test a candidate’s general awareness of a variety of subjects, which will have relevance for a career in Civil Services.
- The questions are likely to test the candidate’s basic understanding of all relevant issues, and ability to analyse, and take a view on conflicting socio-economic goals, objectives and demands. The candidates are expected to give relevant, meaningful and succinct answers.
GS 4 Paper Comprises of following sections: Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
Analysis of GS 4 Paper:
- Overall the paper was on expected lines but a little tougher. Lately UPSC has been making the GS 4 paper a little bit trickier but still if you put in the hard work required GS 4 remains one of those portions where you can score a lot and it can go a long way in determining your rank.
- The paper was quite lengthy. Hence put some hours in doing writing practice too along with your study hours.
- The coverage was comprehensive spanning across the syllabus covering questions from almost every section of GS 4 syllabus.