Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is transforming the living conditions in villages as per the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
About the Program:
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is the flagship programme of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 was launched in April, 2018 and targeted to cover 605 institutions.
- Out of these 313 are technical Institutions and 292 are Non-Technical Institutions.
- The scheme fosters to link higher education institutions with at least five villages which will contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities, using their knowledge base.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research.
- To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
Major Areas of Intervention:
- Currently under the scheme UBA, 13072 villages have been adopted by 2474 Institutes.
- The technology interventions under the scheme Unnat Bharat Abhiyan have been able to transform the living conditions in villages.
- Some technological interventions done under scheme UBA are:
- Mushroom Cultivation done in Gendikata cluster by IIT Delhi
- Environment Controlled Automated GreenHouse For High Valued Agro Produce by HVPM College of Engineering and Technology (Amravati)
- Paper bag making by BITS Mesra
Image Source: MHRD, unnatbharatabhiyan.gov.in