India has been elected to the Executive Board of the first UN-Habitat Assembly, announced the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
About the session
- The special theme for the UN-Habitat Assembly is "Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities".
- The first session of UN- Habitat assembly was held at the headquarters of UN-Habitat in Nairobi.
- The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency agency working for a better urban future.
- It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
- UN-Habitat, the United Nations programme for human settlements, is at the helm of that change, assuming a natural leadership and catalytic role in urban matters.