- UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance .
- UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations.
About the UMANG app
- UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
- It is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
- It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
- UMANG service has been made available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
- Using the app, citizens will be able to access Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) services, apply for a new PAN, and can register under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.