In news: A new report titled "The World Resources Report: Creating a Sustainable Food Future" was released. It outlines solutions to ensure a sustainable food system by 2050.
About the report:
- The report has been produced by the World Resources Institute in partnership with the World Bank, UN Environment, UN Development Programme, and the French agricultural research agencies CIRAD and INRA.
- Providing adequate food to 10 billion people by 2050, without destroying the planet, will require closing three gaps:
- A 56 ?tween what was produced in 2010 and food that will be needed in 2050;
- A nearly 600 million- between global agricultural land area in 2010 and expected agricultural expansion by 2050;
- An 11- between expected emissions from agriculture in 2050 and the level needed to meet the Paris Agreement. World Resources Institute (WRI) is a global research non-profit organization that was established in 1982. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C.