Context: The multifarious experience of security forces has helped greatly in combating COVID-19
More on the news:
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had earlier directed the CAPFs to establish 5,400-bedded quarantine centres with 75 isolation wards, spread over 37 centres across the country.
Role Played by Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in Covid-19 fight
- It had already set up its 600-bed quarantine centre in Chawla on the outskirts of New Delhi.
- Another 10,000-bed quarantine centre was also established in Chhatarpur in New Delhi by the ITBP, where over 10,000 patients have been treated till now.
- The expertise acquired by ITBP personnel and the Standard Operating Procedure prepared by the ITBP came handy for the States and other police forces in establishing their own quarantine centres and COVID-19 hospitals.
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Assam Rifles (AR)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- National Security Guard (NSG)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Each of the seven has its own cadre of officers, but they are headed by officers of the Indian Police Service.
After reading this article, answer the following question for Mains answer writing practice. Also you can get your answer checked free of cost by clicking on the following link.
Q. CAPF personnel give a semblance of existence of government administration even in the remotest corners of the country. Comment (250 words)