Context: Tele-Law has touched a new milestone recently with 4 Lakh beneficiaries having received legal advice under this through CSCs (Common Service Centres).
- It was launched in 2017 to address cases at the pre-litigation stage.
- Objective: To connect the indigent, down-trodden, vulnerable, unreached groups and communities with the Panel Lawyers for seeking timely and valuable legal advice.
- Use of technology: Under this programme, the smart technology of video conferencing, telephone /instant calling facilities available at the vast network of Common Service Centres at the Panchayat level are used.
- Role of grassroots soldiers:
- Specially designed to facilitate early detection, intervention and prevention of the legal problems, the Tele-Law service is proactively outreached to groups and communities through a cadre of frontline volunteers provided by NALSA and CSC- e Gov.
- These grassroots soldiers have been additionally equipped with a mobile application to pre-register and schedule an appointment of the applicants during their field activity.
- Dedicated pool of lawyers has been empanelled to provide continued legal advice and consultation to the beneficiaries.