Aim of the initiative: Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women Project.
About the scheme:
- To empower the adolescent girls with basic life skills and thereafter provide further opportunities to acquire market driven skill training or completion of secondary education, depending on the inclination of the beneficiary.
- The project will be delivered in 17 Districts of Jharkhand.
- The project has three main components, (i) Expanding social, educational and economic opportunities (ii) Intensive service delivery (iii) State capacity-building and implementation support.
- About 680,000 adolescent girls and young women in the project Districts are expected to benefit from the program.
- The closing date for the project is 30th June, 2021.
- Recently, India signed financing agreement with World Bank for funding of this scheme