Objective : ‘SWIFT’, an initiative to speed up clearances for consignments and improve ‘ease of doing business.’
- provides a single-point interface for clearance and is expected to reduce documentation and costs.
- Importers will not need to run around to get approvals from multiple government agencies for their consignments.
- The single window will connect over 50 offices of six government agencies with the Indian customs department. These are the Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI); Department of Plant Protection, Quarantine and Storage; Drug Controller; Animal Quarantine; Wild Life Crime Control Bureau and Textile Committee.
- Replaces 9 separate documents with one Integrated Customs Electronic Declaration.
- The Customs’ SWIFT enables importers/exporters to file a common electronic ‘Integrated Declaration’ on the Indian Customs Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway i.e. ICEGATE portal.
- e-Nivesh Monitor is a single window system for monitoring clearances required for setting up business/projects in India.
- The monitoring mechanism has been developed to fast track the pending clearance proposals beyond timeline at various Ministries/Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India and Governments of States/UTs.
- It aims at operationalizing a transparent, efficient and convenient interface, through which the government and businesses can interact and improve the business environment in the country for setting up investment related projects by enabling fast and efficient Government-to-Business (G2B) services.
- eTaal is a platform for dissemination of e-Transaction statistics of National and State level e-Governance Projects including Mission Mode Projects.
- It automatically pulls the e-Transaction data from applications integrated with it using Web Service technology and facilitates quick analysis of transaction data for the user.