Swachhathon 1.0, the first ever Swachh Bharat Hackathon, was organized by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation to crowd source solutions to some of the Sanitation and Hygiene challenges faced in various parts of the country.
The Ministry invited innovators from schools and colleges, institutions, start-ups and others to come up with exciting, innovative, novel and viable solutions to the following 6 challenges:
- Monitoring usage of toilets
- Triggering behaviour change
- Toilet Technologies in Difficult terrains
- Working solutions for maintenance and operations of school toilets.
- Technological solutions for safe disposal of menstrual waste
- Solution for early decomposition of faecal matter