Objective: Stree Swabhiman Project is conceptualized to create avenues for the rural and semi-urban women to become self-reliant and also progress towards a healthy eco-friendly lifestyle.
About the project:
- The project focuses on training and establishing a sanitary napkin unit for women and girls to promote menstrual hygiene and to support village level entrepreneurs(VLEs) and SHG groups.
- The intervention proposes to create ongoing livelihood options for 35000 women who will be engaged in the manufacturing process by developing their own entrepreneurial ventures at their CSC Centre
- The product (sanitary napkin) will be sold under local brand name and marketed by VLEs.
- The project also has a menstrual hygiene related awareness generation component and aims to increase usage of sanitary napkins among rural girls in schools and colleges by making the napkins available at the schools.
- CSC(Common Service Centre) SPV will provide, install and test the machines and train their Village Level Entrepreneurs and his/her team members.