Context: Ministry of AYUSH and M/s Invest India will form a collaboration to set up a strategic policy unit called “Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau (SPFB)” to facilitate planned and systematic growth of the Ayush Sector.
Strategic Policy & Facilitation Bureau (SPFB):
- The Ministry of AYUSH would assist the Bureau in responding to investment proposals, issues and queries and fund Invest India for undertaking activities assigned.
- The activities to be undertaken by the SPFB would include :
- Knowledge Creation and Management,
- Strategic & Policy-Making Support,
- State Policy Benchmarking
- Investment Facilitation
- Issue Resolution
- It will make the Ayush systems future-ready.
- This Bureau will support the Ministry in strategic and policy making initiatives.
- At a time of the Covid-19 pandemic such a strategy unit can be of immense support to the stake-holding groups of the Ayush Sector.
Other initiatives by Ayush Ministry:
- Setting up the comprehensive IT backbone called Ayush Grid for the entire Sector,
- Streamlining of Ayush Education on modern lines,
- Evolving global standards for Ayush systems for diagnostics and terminologies in the ICD framework .
- Setting up a vertical for Ayush Drugs Control to enable the Ayush systems to move into the centre-stage of healthcare activities in the 21st century.
Carving out an independent Ministry for the seven Ayush systems in 2014 has put these Indian Medicine Systems on a trajectory of accelerated growth. The affordable and easily accessible solutions of Ayush systems are a boon to large sections of the society in their pursuit of maintaining satisfactory levels of health.
Image source: deccanherald.com