Context: The Results of the second edition of Ranking of States on Support to Startup Ecosystems were released by Minister of Commerce & Industry.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, conducted the second edition of the States’ Startup Ranking Exercise.
- Its key objective is to foster competitiveness and propel States and Union Territories to work proactively towards uplifting the startup ecosystem.
- The States’ Startup Ranking Framework 2019 has 7 broad reform area, consisting of 30 action points ranging from:
- Institutional Support,
- Easing Compliances,
- Relaxation in Public Procurement norms,
- Incubation support,
- Seed Funding Support,
- Venture Funding Support, and
- Awareness & Outreach.
- To establish uniformity and ensure standardization in the ranking process, States and UTs have been divided into two different groups.
- For the purposes of Ranking, States are classified into 5 Categories: Best Performers, Top Performers, Leaders, Aspiring Leaders and Emerging Startup Ecosystems.
Gujarat has again emerged as the best performer in developing start-up ecosystem for budding entrepreneurs.