Objectives of the scheme
- Develop a national repository of theses and dissertations with an intuitive interface which enables submission of electronic version of theses and dissertations by Universities in India and facilitates search, browse and downloading of theses available in the repository;
- avoid unnecessary duplication and repetition that, in effect, is wastage of huge resources, both human and financial;
- providing access to Indian theses and dissertations in open access to world-wide academic community and making visibility of Indian research to other countries;
- extend access to plagiarism detection software to eligible universities;
- fund eligible Universities (that are under purview of the UGC) for digitization of back lists of theses submitted to their universities.
About the scheme:
- Shodhganga facilitates Universities to deposit their theses in the respective Departments / Centres.Concerned institution shall submit an electronic copy of the M.Phil. dissertation /Ph. D. thesis to the Information and library Network (INFLIBNET), for hosting the same so as to make it accessible to all Institutions/Colleges.
- The system also permits online or offline submission of theses by students on voluntary basis.
- Shodhganga interface supports basic search, advanced search and subject-wise browsing.