Seva Bhoj Yojana
It envisages to reimburse the Central Government share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST) so as to lessen the financial burden of such Charitable Religious Institutions who provide Food free of cost without any discrimination to Public/Devotees.
It is a Central Sector Scheme.
Type of activities supported under the scheme
Free ‘prasad’ or free food or free ‘langar’ / ‘bhandara’ (community kitchen) offered by charitable religious institutions like Gurudwara, Temples, Dharmik Ashram, Mosques, Dargah, Church, Mutt, Monasteries etc.
Financial Assistance will be provided on First-cum-First Serve basis of registration linked to funds available for the purpose in a Financial Year.
Eligibility for grants
The Charitable Religious Institutions such as Temples, Gurudwara, Mosque, Church, Dharmik Ashram, Dargah, Matth, Monasteries etc.
- Which have been in existence for at least five years before applying for financial assistance/grant and
- Who serve free food to at least 5000 people in a month and
- Such institutions covered under Section 10( 23BBA) of the Income Tax Act or Institutions registered as Society under Societies Registration Act ( XXI of 1860) or as a Public Trust under any law for the time being in force of statuary religious bodies constituted under any Act or institutions registered under Section 12AA of Income Tax Act shall be eligible for grant under the scheme.
Religious institutions shall first register with Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog and get Unique ID generated by Darpan Portal.
Thereafter, the institution shall enrol itself in CSMS Portal of the Ministry of Culture in a prescribed format.
About Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog invites all Voluntary Organizations (VOs)/ Non-Governmental Organization(NGOs) to Sign Up on the Portal.
- The Unique ID is mandatory to apply for grants under various schemes of Ministries/Departments/Governments Bodies.