In news: Union Ministry of Home Affairs inaugurated the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search & Rescue (SCOJtEx-2019) on 04th November, 2019 at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi.
- To practice and strengthen the national and international response, coordination protocols and methodologies in a major earthquake scenario requiring international assistance.
- To rehearse the disaster response mechanism, share knowledge, experience, technology & also for mutual coordination, etc.
- The four-day long simulation exercise was conducted as per the International Search & Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG) methodology & guidelines.
- To test the region’s preparedness and resilience towards effective activation of Inter- governmental interaction for immediate response.
- International Search & Rescue Advisory Group (INSARAG),
- Asian Coordination Centre for Humanitarian Assistance (AHA),
- Brazil, Mongolia, and South Africa Geo-Chemical Baseline atlas of India