Context: Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment released a book containing 33 Action Plans 2020-21 of all the schemes of the Department of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- This is the first time that the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment has embarked on a comprehensive Annual Action Plan 2020-21 for each of the Schemes with an objective to give clear targets and milestones for Central Ministry, the participating State Governments and NGOs.
Schemes of the Department of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Free Coaching for Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes, National Fellowship for Scheduled Castes & Top Class Education For Schedules Castes:
- Revised the income limits for eligibility of Assistance under the Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for SCs, Free Coaching Scheme for SCs and OBCs, and National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for SCs etc. from Rs.6.00 Lakh to Rs.8.00 Lakh per annum.
- New mode of implementation has been introduced in the Free Coaching Scheme under which eligible SCs and OBCs students can obtain assistance for undertaking coaching in institute of their choice.
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- 3584 more SC majority villages have been taken up under PMAGY for integrated development taking the total to 13199 villages.
- National Action Plan on Drug Demand Reduction
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan has been launched in 272 Districts most affected in substance use.
- Integrated Programme for Rehabilitation of Beggars
- This project would be run in 10 pilot cities i.e. Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Patna, Nagpur and Indore. These 10 pilots will be done in the year 2020-21.
- National Action Plan for Senior Citizens
- At least one Senior Citizen Home in each District will be ensured in this year.
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) an apex corporation under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, has launched a new scheme with a view to promote mechanized cleaning and to minimize the incidents of Manual Hazardous cleaning to providing financial assistance to its target group for procurement and operation of mechanized cleaning equipment under its Swachhta Udyami Yojna (SUY) with a provision of 50?pital subsidy for equipment costing upto Rs.5 Lakh.
- Strengthening of Machinery for Enforcement of Protection of Civil Rights Act 1955 and Prevention of Atrocities Act 1989
- Post Matric Scholarship for SCs
- It is proposed to cover additional 10 lakh students under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SCs during 2020-21.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Other Backward Classes
- Vanchit Ikai Samooh aur Vargon ki Aarthik Sahayta Yojana (VISVAS Yojana)
- It is for the benefit of Scheduled Castes and OBC Self Help Groups/Individual member with annual family income upto Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Under the scheme SC and OBC Self Help Groups and Individuals will be able to avail Interest Subvention on bank loans at 5%.
- VISVAS Yojana will be implemented by the National Scheduled Castes Finance Development Corporation (NSFDC) and National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC).