1. Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna:
- Government announced fixed yearly income for small and marginal farmers.
- This scheme will benefit about 12 crore farmers who have 2 Hectare land.
- Rupees 6000 per year direct cash transfer in their account.
- Cash transfer will be given in three equal installments of Rs 2000 each.
- The benefit under this yojna will be given retrospectively from December 2018.
- Rs. 75000 crore allotted for this scheme.
- It is expected to double the farmers income.
2. Pradhanmantri Shramyogi Maan-dhan Yojna:4. Interest subvention scheme for Fishries:
Coverage: It is for unorganised sector as well as organised workers who earns upto Rs. 15000 monthly income.
Benefit: A fixed pension amount of Rs 3000 per month will be giving after 60 years of age.
Contribution: They will have to pay minimum contribution of Rs 55 starting from age of 18. Government will contribute equal amount
Minimum premium, means if 29 years old person enters into it, he will have to pay only Rs. 100 per month.
Budget allocation: Rs. 500 crore for this scheme.
JV’s analysis: Government is trying to create a social security net for unorganised sector workforce in the light of impending labour sector reform. Already, Contractualisation of workforce is leading to increased vulnerability of such workforce.
3. Interest subvention scheme for Fishries:
- 2% interest subvention on loans
- 3% extra interest subvention if all the installments paid on time.
- The committee would implement policies and schemes for welfare of cows.
- It aims to enhance the production and productivity cows.
JV’s Analysis: Creation of separate Department of Fisheries will give an extra impetus and focus to fisheries development in our country.
4. Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- Increased the allocation for Rashtriya Gokul Mission to Rs 750 crore in the current year itself.
- Announced setting up of “Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog” to upscale sustainable genetic up-gradation of cow resources and to enhance production and productivity of cows