Scheme for Promoting Pharmacovigilance of AYUSH Drugs
- To develop the culture of documenting adverse effects and undertake safety monitoring of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and
- Surveillance of misleading advertisements appearing in the print and electronic media.
- The scheme intends to facilitate the establishment of three-tier network of
- National Pharmacovigilance Centre (NPvCC),
- Intermediary Pharmacovigilance Centres (IPvCCs) and
- Peripheral Pharmacovigilance Centres (PPvCC).
- All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi, an autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH, has been designated as National Pharmacovigilance Centre for coordinating various activities of the initiative.