Context: The Union Minister for Mines launched SATYABHAMA (Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement) Portal for Science and Technology Programme Scheme of the Ministry of Mines.
About the portal:
- The portal has been designed, developed and implemented by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Mines Informatics Division.
- The portal emphasized upon the role of Digital Technologies in promoting research and development in the mining and mineral sector in the country.
- It will encourage scientists and researchers in the Mining and Mineral Sector to undertake qualitative and innovative research and development work for AatmaNirbhar Bharat.
- Online submission of projects: It allows online submission of project proposals along with monitoring of the projects and utilization of funds / grants in contrast to the current scenario of physical submission.
- The researchers can also submit progress reports and Final Technical Reports of the projects in the electronic format in the portal.
- A User Manual is also available on the Portal where the stepwise procedures for submission of project proposals have been highlighted. The Portal is integrated with NGO Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog.