Objective of the scheme: The project is for creation of a New Indirect Tax Network (System Integration) of the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
The project will help in
- Implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST),
- Extension of the Indian Customs Single Window Interface for Facilitating Trade (SWIFT) and
- Other taxpayer-friendly initiatives under Digital India and Ease of Doing Business of Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- It was to ensure readiness of CBEC's IT systems by April, 1, 2017, when GST was to be introduced.
- This IT infrastructure is also urgently required for continuation of CBEC's e-Services in Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax, implementation of taxpayer services such as scanned document upload facility, extension of Indian Customs Single Window Interface for Facilitating Trade (SWIFT) initiative and integration with Government initiatives such as E-Nivesh, E-Taal, e-Sign.