Union Ministers of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Union Minister for Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs launched PRAKASH(Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony) portal for transparency and better coordination in coal supplies to power plants About PRAKASH Portal:
- The PRAKASH(Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony) Portal aims at bringing better coordination for coal supplies among all stakeholders viz - Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal, Coal India, Railways and power utilities.
- The development of portal is an important step in ensuring adequate availability and optimum utilization of coal at thermal power plants across the country.
- The Portal is designed to help in mapping and monitoring the entire coal supply chain for power plants, viz –
- Coal Stock at supply end (mines),
- coal quantities/ rakes planned,
- coal quantity in transit and
- coal availability at power generating station.
- The PRAKASH Portal will make available four reports as below
- Daily Power Plant Status: This report gives Station data related to power generation, coal receipt, consumption, and stock. The report can be generated utility wise, state-wise and sector-wise (default utility wise).
- Periodic Power Plant Status: The report gives Station data related to power generation, coal receipt, consumption and stock for the selected period. Coal materialization based on dispatch by coal company is available.
- Plant Exception Report: This report gives materialization and rakes in the pipeline through Rail.
Who developing the PRAKASH Portal?
- Coal Dispatch Report: The report gives coal subsidiary wise dispatch for a particular period. It also gives source wise details of coal dispatch. The dispatch trend is also shown by this report. Plantwise and siding wise details are also available in this report.
Benefits of Portal to the Stakeholders:
- PRAKASH Portal is developed by NTPC and sources data from different stakeholders such as Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) and coal companies.
- However, to present information in a user-friendly method, the Portal gives a graphical representation of reports with details shown on the map of India.
Sources:https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=193602 Read More Articles: India takes over COP Presidency from China for next two years Renewable Energy Target To Be More Than Doubled
- It would help in better planning The portal makes available following information on a single platform -
- Coal company will be able to track stocks and the coal requirement at power stations for effective production planning
- Indian Railways will plan to place the rakes as per actual coal available at siding and stock available at power stations.
- Power stations can plan future schedules by knowing rakes in the pipeline and expected time to Reach.
- Stock at power generating station
- Ministry of Power /Ministry of Coal/ CEA/ POSOCO can review the overall availability of coal at thermal power plants in different regions