Aims and objectives of the scheme
About the scheme
To provide a fully IT based Student Financial Aid Authority to administer and monitor Scholarship as well Educational Loan Schemes.
This portal has been developed under the guidance of Department of Financial Services, (Ministry of Finance), Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and Indian Banks Association (IBA).
The portal has been developed and being maintained by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited.
The portal also provides linkages to the National Scholarship Portal.
About vidyalakshmi portal
Vidya Lakshmi Portal provides a single window for Students to access information and make applications for Educational Loans provided by Banks and Govt Scholarships. It has the following features:
- Information about Educational Loan Schemes of Banks
- Common Educational Loan Application Form for Students
- Apply to multiple Banks for Educational Loans
- Facility for Banks to download Students Loan Applications
- Facility for Banks to upload loan processing status
- Facility for Students to email grievances/queries relating to Educational Loans to Banks
- Linkage to National Scholarship Portal for information and application for Govt Scholarships
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov)
- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov) was originally set up as a Depository in 1995.
- NSDL e-Gov works closely with various Government agencies for designing, managing and implementing e-Governance Projects.
- NSDL e-Gov has also established a Service Centre network across the country which serves as access points for the general public and are efficiently used by Governments to deliver quality services in a user friendly and transparent manner to the citizens.
- It has been appointed as a Registrar of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to facilitate registration of residents for obtaining Aadhaar and has been engaged as the technology partner for GST.