Setting up AIIMS like institutions
Upgradation of government Medical college(GMC)/ Institutions
Each New AIIMS to add:-
State of the art Modular OTs and diagnostics facilities.
15-20 super specialty departments.
100 UG (MBBS) seats.
60 B.Sc. (Nursing ) seats.
Focus on PG education and Research.
Each up-gradation project would be adding :-
8-10 Super Speciality Departments.
Around 15 new PG seats.
- In the second phase of PMSSY, the Government has approved the setting up of two more AIIMS-like institutions, one each in the States of West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh and upgradation of six medical college institutions namely:
- Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab
- Government Medical College, Tanda, Himachal Pradesh
- Government Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College of Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Pt. B.D. Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak