Objective of the scheme
- It aims to provide assured, comprehensive,quality antenatal care free of cost universally to all pregnant women on the 9th of every month.
- It aims to improve the quality and coverage of Antenatal Care (ANC) including diagnostics and counselling services as part of the Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) Strategy.
- It guarantees a minimum package of antenatal care services to women in their 2nd/3rd trimesters of pregnancy at designated government health facilities
- The health check-up includes a minimum package of prenatal care/antenatal care services i.e care given during pregnancy and medicines such as IFA supplements, calcium supplements etc would be provided to all pregnant women.
- The programme follows a systematic approach for engagement with the private sector which includes motivating private practitioners to volunteer for the campaign.