Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana is a Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package for the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus.
Other highlights of the Scheme
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 Lakh per health worker fighting COVID-19;
- 80 crore poor people will to get 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses for free every month for the eight months (April to November)
- Support to PMJDY women account holders: 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders to get Rs 500 per month for three months (April to June).
- Increase in MNREGA wage to Rs 202 a day from Rs 182 to benefit 13.62 crore families
- Support to National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) (Aged widows, Divyang, Senior citizen): An ex-gratia of Rs 1,000 to 3 crore poor senior citizen, poor widows and poor disabled
- Front-loaded payments to farmers under PM-KISAN: Government to front-load Rs 2,000 paid to farmers in first week of April under existing PM Kisan Yojana to benefit 8.7 crore farmers
- Support to Building & Other Construction workers: State Governments to use Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to Construction Workers.
- 24% contribution to EPFO
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana