Context: The Prime Minister will inaugurate the National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption, on the theme- Vigilant India, Prosperous India.
More on news:
- The Central Bureau of Investigation organizes this National Conference coinciding with ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’, which is observed in India every year from 27th October to 2nd November.
- Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week every year during the last week of October is taken up to encourage all stakeholders to collectively participate in the prevention of corruption.
- It is driven by the Central Vigilance Commission.
The three day conference would discuss the
- Challenges in investigation in foreign jurisdictions;
- Preventive Vigilance as a Systemic Check against Corruption;
- Systemic improvements for financial inclusion and prevention of bank frauds;
- Effective Audit as an Engine of Growth;
- Latest amendments to the Prevention of Corruption Act as an impetus to the fight against corruption;
- Multi Agency Coordination-an enabler for faster and more effective Investigation;
- Emerging Trends in Economic Offences,
- Cyber Crimes and Transnational Organized Crime-measures to Control and
- Exchange of Best Practices among Criminal Investigative Agencies.
- Activities in this conference would be focused on Vigilance issues aimed at raising awareness and reaffirming India’s commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
- The Conference will act as an enabler to combat corruption, thereby ushering in good governance and accountable administration. This is a significant contributing factor for enabling ease of doing business in India.
Central Vigilance Commission
- The Central Vigilance Commission has the mandate under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 to fight corruption and to ensure integrity in public administration.
- It is charged with monitoring all vigilance activities under the Central Government and advising various authorities in Central Government and organizations under it, in planning, executing and reviewing their vigilance work in order to bring out systemic improvement in governance.
Image source: https://www.thestatesman.com