Context: Indian Prime Minister will join the U.S. President Joseph Biden, Australian PM Scott Morrison and Japanese PM Yoshihide Suga for a virtual summit of the Quadrilateral Framework (Quad).
- Access to COVID-19 vaccines, cooperation on technology, and climate change are at the top of the agenda.
- It is the first meeting of leaders of the Indo-Pacific grouping.
Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD)
- Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad) is the informal strategic dialogue with a shared objective to ensure and support a “free, open and prosperous” Indo-Pacific region.
- It is an informal strategic forum between the United States, Japan, Australia and India.
- It has a shared objective of ensuring a free, open and prosperous Indo-Pacific region.
- The idea of grouping was first mooted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in 2007.