PMs Employment Generation Programme
Generating self-employment opportunities through establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector by helping traditional artisans and unemployed youth.
- The scheme is implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) functioning as the nodal agency at the national level.
- At the state level, the scheme is implemented through State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs), District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks.
- In such cases KVIC routes government subsidy through designated banks for eventual disbursal to the beneficiaries / entrepreneurs directly into their bank accounts
Who can apply?
- Any individual, above 18 years of age.
- At least VIII standard pass for projects costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business / service sector.
- Only new projects are considered for sanction under PMEGP.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme), Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860; Production Co-operative Societies, and Charitable Trusts are also eligible.
- Existing Units (under PMRY, REGP or any other scheme of Government of India or State Government) and the units that have already availed Government Subsidy under any other scheme of Government of India or State Government are NOT eligible.
Nature of assistance
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible in the manufacturing sector is ₹ 25 lakhs and in the business/service sector, it is ₹ 10 lakhs.
- Categories of Beneficiary’s Rate of subsidy under PMEGP (of project cost)
- Area (location of project/unit) General category 15%(Urban), 25%(Rural), Special 25%(Urban), 35%(Rural)(including SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border areas, etc.)
- The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by the banks in the form of term loan and working capital.