Updated on 1 April, 2019
PSLV-C45 successfully launches EMISAT and 28 customer satellites News: India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C45) successfully launched EMISAT and 28 international customer satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR in Sriharikota. Details
Real Also:- Daily RSTV Summary Real Also:- Daily The Hindu Read Also:- Daily AIR Summary
- This flight marked the first mission of PSLV-QL, a new variant of PSLV with four strap-on motors.
- EMISAT is a satellite built around ISRO’s Mini Satellite-2 bus weighing about 436 kg.
- The satellite is intended for electromagnetic spectrum measurement.
- The 28 international customer satellites, together weighing about 220 kg, are from four countries, namely, Lithuania (2), Spain (1), Switzerland (1) and USA (24). These foreign satellites were launched as part of commercial arrangements.
- The payloads carried by PS4 are Automatic Identification System from ISRO, Automatic Packet Repeating System from AMSAT, India and Advanced Retarding Potential Analyzer for ionospheric studies from Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology.
- far, PSLV has launched 46 national satellites, 10 satellites built by students from Indian Universities and 297 international customer satellites, including the recent satellites launched.
- In its next mission, PSLV-C46 will launch RISAT-2B in May 2019.