Brief on SIMBEX-19Context:
- On successful completion of IMDEX 19, IN ships Kolkata and Shakti are continuing their stay at Singapore to participate in the annual Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise SIMBEX-2019.
Background Check: Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX)
- The SIMBEX 19 would also conclude the two-month long deployment of an IN ships Kolkata and Shakti to South and the East China Seas which is aimed at extending the bridges of the friendship through the enhanced cultural, economic and also the maritime interactions with the countries of east and also the south-east Asia.
- However, IN the ships’ the participation in the International Fleet Review (IFR) at Qingdao, China as part of the PLA (Navy) 70thanniversary celebrations and also the ADMM-plus MS FTX also reflects the government of India’s Act East policy and also the Indian Navy’s efforts to the united nations through the oceans.
Read More: Daily Indepth Articles Read More: Other Important Articles
- It is an annual bilateral naval exercise conducted by the Navies of India and the Republic of Singapore.
- The exercise is held annually since 1994.
- However, over the years, the SIMBEX has progressed beyond its original emphasis on anti-submarine warfare to include the elements of the maritime security, anti-air and also the anti-surface warfare.
- The 25th edition of Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) was held from 10thto 21st November 2018 off Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.