MRSAM Firing TrialsContext:
- Well, the Indian Navy achieved the significant milestone in an enhancing its Anti-Air Warfare Capability with the maiden cooperative engagement firing of the Medium Range Surface to the Air Missile (MRSAM).
- Well, the firing was undertaken on the Western Seaboard by an Indian Naval Ships Kochi and the Chennai wherein the missiles of both the ships were controlled by one ship to intercept different aerial targets at the extended ranges.
- However, the firing trial was carried out by the Indian Navy, DRDO and also the Israel Aerospace Industries.
- In fact, these Surface to the Air Missiles are fitted onboard the Kolkata Class Destroyers and it would also be fitted on all the future major warships of the Indian Navy.
- The Indian Navy has become a part of a select group of Navies that have this niche capability.
Background Check:About MRSAM:
- Well, the new missile system is developed by the India’s Defence Research and the Development Organisation (DRDO) in partnership with the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).
- In fact, the MRSAM provide the armed forces with the air defense capability against the variety of aerial threats at the medium ranges.
- However, the missiles launcher and also the command post would be made in India, with the rest of the complex system – including the missile itself – to be made in the Israel.
- The IAI will reportedly supply India with approx 2,000 missiles capable of an intercepting enemy aircraft and the missiles within a 70-kilometer range.
- Furthermore, the proposed MRSAM, to replace the old Pechora missiles which currently in the service of an Indian Defense Forces.
First NCC Girls Expedition Team from Sikkim Flagged off to Mt Tenchenkhang
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) Girls’ Mountaineering Expedition to Mt. Tenchenkhang in Sikkim was Flagged Off.
- This is the first NCC cadets’ expedition in Sikkim ever since 1970.
- The team will be attempting to scale Mt. Tenchenkhang (6010m) by the end of June 2019.
Read More: Daily Indepth Articles Read More: Other Important Articles
- Tenchenkhang is in Sikkim.