Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) Scheme News: The scheme was formally launched in Ahmedabad. About the scheme
Benefits It is estimated to benefit 42 crore workers in the unorganized sector constituting around 85% of the total Labour force of the country. AL NAGAH 2019
- It is a central sector scheme open to unorganised workers, whose monthly income is Rs 15000/- or below and who have an Aadhar number as well as savings bank account.
- The minimum age for joining the scheme is 18 years and the maximum is 40 years.
- It is a voluntary and contribution based scheme under which the subscriber gets an assured minimum monthly pension of Rs 3000/- from the age of 60 years onwards.
- The contribution of a subscriber ranges from Rs 55/- to Rs 200/- depending on his entry age which is 18 to 40.
- Under the scheme, the Central Government will also give matching contribution towards beneficiary’s pension account.
- Further, it has unique feature that in case of exit, subscriber would be returned his entire contribution.
- It will be implemented through the Common Service Centre (CSC) across the country.
National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) Findings
- Exercise Al Nagah III, third in the series of bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman is scheduled to be held in March 2019 at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman.
- The exercise will see both the armies exchanging expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling and firing, with an aim to enhance interoperability in counterterrorist operations in semi urban mountainous terrain.
- 1% of households were found to have access to toilets during the survey period (the corresponding figure as per the SBMG MIS in November 2018 was 96%)
- 5% of the people who had access to toilets used them
- 7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF were confirmed to be ODF.
- The remaining villages also had sanitation coverage of about 93%
- 4% of the villages surveyed found to have minimal litter and minimal stagnant water
Read Also:- Daily RSTV Summary
Read Also:- Articles By Jatin Verma