Objective of the scheme: This initiative is part of Government of India's Digital India initiative, which aims at empowering the citizens through a transparent, accountable and responsive governance system.
About the scheme:
- The PJS provides the consumer with an effective and time bound online grievance redressal system to effectively deal with complaints related to pricing, shortage and non-availability of medicines.
- It provides the following online services to the citizens.
- Search Maximum Retail Price (MRP) of Scheduled Medicine, new drug & drug for which price is fixed by the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority.
- Lodge complaints under the following types
- Overpricing of Scheduled Medicine, new drug & drug for which price fixed
- Non-availability or shortage of any Medicine
- Sale of New Medicine without prior price approval of NPPA
- Refusal of Supply or Sale of Any Medicine
- Check the status of complaint
About National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
- It was constituted vide Government of India in 1997 as an attached office of the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers
- It acts as an independent Regulator for pricing of drugs and to ensure availability and accessibility of medicines at affordable prices.