Updated on 7 June, 2019
- Chairperson: Prime Minister
- Vice-Chairperson: Dr Rajiv Kumar
- Full-Time Members:
- Shri V.K. Saraswat
- Ramesh Chand
- V.K. Paul
- Ex-officio Members
- Shri Raj Nath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Shri Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Minister of Rural Development; Minister of Panchayati Raj.
- Special Invitees
More in News
- Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways; Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- ShriThaawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry
- Shri Rao Inderjit Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Planning.
- Name of Bibek Debroy, a former permanent member, is missing from the new list.
- Prime Minister will chair the fifth meeting of NITI Aayog's Governing Council on June 15 to discuss various issues concerning water management, agriculture and security
- The council, the apex body of Niti Aayog, includes all chief ministers, lieutenant governors of Union Territories, several Union ministers and senior government officials.
“This includes matters of national and international importance on the economic front, dissemination of best practices from within the country as well as from other nations, the infusion of new policy ideas and specific issue-based support.” Also read: Centre In Damage Control Mode Over Anti-Hindi Protests Indian Navy Environment Conservation Roadmap (INECR) Source: http://www.pib.nic.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1573613
- NITI Aayog was set up as a policy think tank after scrapping the Planning Commission.
- NITI Aayog helps the Centre in policy formulation by providing research and inputs.
- As per January 1, 2015, Cabinet resolution on its constitution, NITI Aayog has to provide governments at the central and state levels with relevant strategic and technical advice across the spectrum of key elements of policy.