- Nirmal Ganga Sahbhagita is a sustainable initiative with Urban Local Bodies(ULBs) located on the banks of the river Ganga in order to achieve the objective of Clean Ganga.
- The broader objective also includes
- Installation and maintenance of clarifiers/screens in the nallas/drains to support primary treatment of wastewater
- Maintaining Litter free zones 500m along the river basin
- Engaging volunteer force and youth in ghat cleaning & monitoring and conducting public outreach activities.
More about the initiative
- The initiative aims at sensitizing the ULBs about the pollution in river Ganga arising primarily due to dumping of solid waste in the river/nallas and to involve them in a long term engagement in stopping the solid waste flow from nallas/drains to the river.
- Under this initiative,ULBs can perform certain activities for achieving the shared objective of rejuvenating the river Ganga.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) intends to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the ULBs for effective and fruitful engagement in this regard.