Context: Indian PM along with his Mauritius counterpart inaugurated the New Supreme Court building in Mauritius through video conferencing.
More on News:
- The project has been completed with an assistance of $ 28.12 million from the Indian Government which comes without any hidden conditions for jeopardizing the sovereignty of Mauritius.
- The building equipped with the latest technology will help the Mauritius judiciary in making justice more efficient, accessible and inclusive.
- The project was completed on time at below initial level costs, signifying India’s commitment towards the neighbourhood countries.
- The assistance is in line with India’s vision of ‘SAGAR – Security and Growth for All in the Region’ and is a testimony to the enhanced closeness between the Indian Ocean countries.
The cooperation between two neighbours is based on core values of ‘Respect’, ‘Diversity’, ‘Care for the Future’, and ‘Sustainable Development’.
- In 2015, Indian PM unveiled India’s strategic vision for the Indian Ocean: Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR).
- It is “consultative, democratic and equitable” in nature.
- It has both distinct and inter-related elements – such as -
- deepening economic and security cooperation in the littorals,
- enhancing capacities to safeguard land and maritime territories,
- working towards sustainable regional development and blue Economy,
- promoting collective action to deal with non-traditional threats like natural disasters, piracy, terrorism etc.
- It therefore has an inclusive vision with politico-economic-security cooperation and respect for international maritime laws at its centre.
Image Source: Hindustantimes