Recently, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 2019 announced a new Public-Private Partnership (PPP) scheme- National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT)
Aims and objectives:
- To use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalised and customised as per the requirements of the learner.
- MHRD aims to recognize the development of technologies in Adaptive Learning and bring them under a common platform so that learners can access it easily.
- To create a National Alliance with technology developing EdTech Companies through a PPP model.
About the scheme:
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- MHRD would create and maintain a National NEAT platform that would provide one-stop access to these technological solutions.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and managing the registration of learners through the NEAT portal. They would be free to charge fees as per their policy.
- MHRD would distribute the free coupons for learning to the most socially or economically backward students
- Implementing agency: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) would be the implementing agency for the NEAT program.