Context: To make e-learning more constructive, NCERT and Rotary India digitally signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) for e-learning content telecast for class 1-12 over all NCERT TV channels.
- Since March 2020 when the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, was declared pandemic, learners, teachers, parents and the entire education community have been gravely affected.
- In this scenario MHRD is working tirelessly to develop the best education system rooted in Indian ethos with technology and innovation as strong pillars.
- They have been working on integration of technology in education through various schemes and initiatives like Operation Digital Board, DIKSHA, SWAYAM etc.
- To ensure that e-learning reaches children across the country with NCERT approved content.
- To ensure education is reached to places having no internet connectivity as well.
Details of MOU:
- Under Vidya Daan 2.0 Rotary International will provide the e - content in Hindi language to NCERT for classes I to XII for all subjects.
- Along with this Rotary International will provide material for special needs children as well as contribute its entirety to the Adult Literacy Mission.
- They will also provide the Teacher Training (including professional development) content.
- The content will be provided free to the nation, as a home-based teaching solution related to their school curriculum.
- Tie ups:
- NCERT TV Tie-up: There will be curriculum modules telecast for classes 1-12,through twelve national Television channels of NCERT, to be available from July2020 (content to be vetted by NCERT as per their curriculum).
- DIKSHA App tie-up: The e-Learning modules would also be available through GOI's national mobile app, DIKSHA, at the same time.
- The content is currently available in Hindi (and Punjabi) and hence shall be implemented immediately across 12 states/ UTs schools of approx. 10 crores students.
- The intellectual rights to the content would be with Rotary and provided to NCERT, so that the said content can be translated to all regional languages by NCERT & the respective state SCERTs in the next few months.
Initiatives by MHRD:
- DIKSHA is a National Digital Infrastructure launched for teachers.
- It acts as a platform for the teachers to learn and train themselves.
- It will help them in creating in-class resources, training content, assessment aids and also stay connected with other teacher communities.
Operation Digital Board:
- It was launched to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country.
- Under this the digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions.
- It aims at converting a classroom into a digital classroom.
Vidya Daan 2.0:
- It was launched for inviting e-learning Content contributions.
- It is a common national program to develop and contribute e-learning content and a chance to be recognised nationally.
- Contributors can contribute a variety of e-learning content in the form of explanatory videos, animations, teaching videos, lesson plans, assessments and question banks in the prescribed format.
- The content will be monitored by a panel of academic experts and released for use on the DIKSHA app to help millions of children across the country continue learning anytime and anywhere.
- SWAYAM is a Hindi acronym that stands for "Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds" and is an Indian Massive open online course platform.
- It is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz. access, equity and quality.
- The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged.
- SWAYAM seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- It is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world.
- It is a non-political and non-religious organization open to all.
Image Source: pib