Context: A high-level digital conference on Rebooting the Economy through Science, Technology and Research Translations titled RESTART will be organised to celebrate the National Technology Day on May 11.
More on the news:
- The conference will be organised by Technology Development Board (TDB), a statutory body of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The conference will bring together Scientists, Technocrats, Government officials, Diplomats, WHO officials and dignitaries from national and international Industry, Research Institutions and Academic Institutions on a single platform to share their insights on
- the role played by S & T in the global healthcare crisis and
- find solutions that not only address the current pandemic but will also help us in facing the challenges ahead.
Significance of celebrating the event this year:
- In the COVID 19 crisis, technology has been at the forefront of the battle against the pandemic.
- As the world adjusts to its new normal, business leaders world over are rethinking and devising new strategies to harness technologies that would help drive resilience and make them emerge from the crisis stronger.
- Keeping in mind the need of the hour to formulate a comprehensive action plan to reboot the economy, TDB is celebrating National Technology Day, focusing on technological solutions towards that end.
- These technologies would include,
- Medicines & Medical Technologies
- Advanced Materials – New Technology Horizons
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies for Sustainable Future and
- Global Innovation & Technology Alliance for Global Economic Leadership.