- Indian government has inaugurated National Informatics Center’s Command & Control Centre (CCC) and Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence (CoE in AI) by NIC, at National Informatics Center (NIC).
Read More Articles: First UN Global Assessment of Environmental Laws Indian Missiles – Agni 5 , Astra & Akash
- Currently, NIC offers Data Centre and Cloud services to the Government and hosts over 10,000 e-Governance applications.
- CCC has been set up as a specialized facility with a nationwide view of ICT infrastructure for effective monitoring and management of the performance & availability of all these critical services.
- CoE in AI by NIC has been established with the motto of ‘Inclusive AI' for responsive governance, to work towards improving Govt. service delivery to citizens.
- It will be a platform for innovative new solutions in AI space, a gateway to test and develop solutions for projects undertaken by National Informatics Center (NIC) at central and state level.
- NIC was established in 1976 and works under the Department of Electronics & Information Technology of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Moreover, it performs as both the premier science and the technology organisation of the Government of our India in informatics services and also the information and the communication technology (ICT) applications.