Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced a new PPP Scheme, National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) for using technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education. Details
- The objective is to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalized and customized as per the requirements of the learner.
- This requires the development of technologies in Adaptive Learning to address the diversity of learners.
What is Adaptive learning? ● Adaptive learning is a technology-based educational system that analyzes a student’s performance in real-time and modifies teaching methods based on that data. ● In Adaptive learning, every student is provided with her own individual path of learning depending on how much she already knows or what she needs to know and the amount of time she needs to comprehend a particular concept.
2. Free coupons for students
- There are many start-up companies developing technologies in Adaptive Learning and MHRD is trying to bring them under a common platform so that learners can access it easily.
- Educating the youth is a National effort and MHRD proposes to create a National Alliance with such technology developing EdTech Companies through a PPP model.
3.Facilitator and Implementing agency
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and manage the registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- They would be free to charge fees as per their policy.
- As their contribution towards the National cause, they would have to offer free coupons to the extent of 25% of the total registrations for their solution through the NEAT portal.
- MHRD would distribute free coupons for learning to the most socially/economically backward students.
http://inbministry.blogspot.com/2019/09/ministry-of-hrd-announces-national.html Read More Articles: Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2020 Improvement in the Foundational education system is crucial for India to cement its position as a global leader
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- MHRD would create and maintain a National NEAT platform that would provide one-stop access to these technological solutions.
- AICTE would be the implementing agency for NEAT program.
- The scheme shall be administered under the guidance of an Apex Committee constituted by MHRD.
- Independent Expert Committees would be set up for evaluating and selecting the EdTech solutions.
- MoUs will be signed with the shortlisted EdTech companies.
- Awareness programs would be taken up by MHRD to create awareness of the NEAT solutions to teachers and students.
- MHRD proposes to launch and operationalize NEAT in early November 2019.