- MAA - "Mother’s Absolute Affection" is a nationwide programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in an attempt to bring undiluted focus on promotion of breastfeeding and provision of counselling services for supporting breastfeeding through health systems.
- The programme has been named ‘MAA’ to signify the support a lactating mother requires from family members and at health facilities to breastfeed successfully.
- Community awareness generation
- Strengthening interpersonal communication through ASHA.
- Skilled support for breastfeeding at delivery points in public healthFacilities.
- Monitoring and award/recognition for various lactating mothers.